Knowing how to perform basic windshield repairs can save you from spending a lot. You don’t have to have the glass replaced all the time if you know how to keep it from being damaged. Here are a few tips from the Motorist:
- Small cracks and chips. Find cracks in your windshield? No worries. You won’t have to spend thousands just to get the entire windshield replaced. Buy a DIY kit to help you repair the cracks. Don’t leave the cracks alone too long, though. If you do, they’ll widen and leave you dealing with spider cracks.
- Replacing regular glass. Another way to save up on eventual costs is to actually replace the glass with plastic the first time you need to have it replaced. Windshields made of plastic fare so much better glass. The only downside you have to watch out for is the scratches. Sooner or later, scratches tend to affect the clearness of the glass, compromising your visual clarity for the long-term. So while a good choice, this is hardly a lasting solution.
- Using laminated glass. Instead of going for plastic, you could go with laminated glass. It’s basically made up of 2 sheets of tempered glass. Each of the sheets are independent and fused into a rubber inner layer. The rubber functions like a sponge, lessening the shock. Less shock also means there are less chances for the windshield to break. If a rock lands smack dab in your windshield in a particularly hard knock, though, then you’ll likely end up with a stone chip in your windshield. However, this usually just affects the outer layer of the glass. So when you take in your ride for windshield repairs.
- Getting quality. Sooner or later, you’ll need to replace your windshield with a new one, no matter how careful you’ve been with it. When that day comes, don’t go for the cheapest material available. Your wallet won’t be happy about that decision in the long run. Always choose quality instead of cheap.
- Hire pros. If the damage goes beyond mere cracks or you really have no idea, tools and time to get it fixed, then have a pro handle the problem for you. Finding an auto glass repair center in Denver CO that provides high-quality solutions shouldn’t be hard to find too. At A+ Auto Glass, we have an array of auto glass solutions you can choose from. To inquire or book our services, call us now!